Sunday, June 26, 2016

#3 A Gold Star Day

Hip,...Hip...Hooray!  Marvin is bonding with his ELF.

Today we arrived at my cousin's near Claremont, on the James River below Richmond. Less than 10 minutes later, he had backed the ELF out of the garage, hopped in and pedaled it in a circle. His first comment? "I may have to revise my estimate of distance/day. I thought pedaling 15-20 mph would be easier. Now I'm not so sure". :-)

Our plans include his getting familiar with it, absorbing the information in the Manual, and making a few additions and modifications. We'll plan an overnight "Maiden Voyage" (for both of us) over to Yorktown and back.

Most likely, we'll hang out here through the 4th of July, giving us family time and time to catch up on my reporting.  I still want to write about the Civil War Re-enactment in some detail, and a highlight or two of Monticello and Williamsburg.

More to follow...




No comments:

Post a Comment